AICTE Organised a Startup Contest 2017 for Students, faculties and institutes supporting startups are inviting to submit their applications under different categories.
Student Start-up which is in pre-incubation stage or similar having been started by one or more co-founders in his/her college days or having been started by an alumni of any institute in India within 2 years of passing out from any academic program. This also includes any other start-up which is incubated or otherwise but it is between 0-3 years of its operation since its incorporation.
- Applicant(s) may submit as an individual and (or) team. and no upper cap for the team size.
- Applicants can be continuing their academic studies at the institution or alumni as mentioned above
- Team may comprise members from multidisciplinary and academic years. Faculty may be included in the team, but Faculty role is restricted to advisory/Mentoring level only.
- Student Entrepreneurs with Innovative and implementable Business model with a proof of concept of the innovation can apply under this category.
- Students/teams with support under state or central govt. schemes such as DBT DST Dietv, MSME. NIF etc towards development of Innovation and proven business model associated with this innovation can also apply.
- At the time of submission for this program, the project/innovation/team may or may not have been a legal registered entity.
- Submission of Startup application through this Registration platform only.
- Submission of Startup application through this Registration platform only
- All the applications and supporting documents must be submitted on or before 31st of August 2017.
- The online application form must be furnished with all the details in the prescribed format
- Incomplete application form will lead to disqualification. Applications received after the due date will not be accepted.
- In case of IP involvement, applicant/team may have to furnish “No Objection Certificate/Letter” from principal advisor/co-inventors/research colleagues and attached separately.
- In case of faculty Start-up, applicant may have to furnish “No Objection Certificate/Letter” from Institute where they are currently serving and attached separately.
- Regarding the proof on legal entity, the applicant can furnish suitable document as a proof of incorporation or it is in which year of operation by now.
- In case of Early Stage category & if it’s a student start-up it has to mention when did the applicant passed out from which college under which university (name) in which program (UG/PG/PhD).
- In exceptional scenario if a start-up is in its 0-3 year of operation but still it’s in its growth phase as per revenue/impact/job creation/customer base the start-up may nominate itself in either category as per their choice.
- The Start-up Contest reserves the right to withhold award and/or in-kind services from winning teams who do not comply with the eligibility requirements.